If truth be told..

In the deepest of the tunnels…winding and bending,
asleep are dreams waiting to be seen…
My sleepless eyelids and wandering mind…
take me there earlier, than I should have been.
If u happen to see my charred dreams, whose shoulders will u hold?
Whose shoulders will u hold? If truth be told?

Out in sun…you roll n play…
Unaware of a clock ticking away….
I stand there and watch….with lips so straight…..I got no curve…no smile, no frown…
And I will watch helpless….as all things drown…
As the giant drops of tears…..come down your world….
Your world will come down....If truth be told….

God I am….but even I know no truth…
I got no hugs….or no words to soothe.
My words will stab your back…and touch will burn…
From your blissful sleep….to truth u will return.
And ask for the strength, to see the secrets unfold
Ask for the strength….If truth be told

With no choice but to go on….u have closed all doors behind…
U undid the chains at your feet…but forgot to free your mind..
No verses will help u…not any psalm…
as you fall into an endless chasm…
Your eyes will be red and your feet will go cold…
Your feet will go cold…if truth be told…

Today you raise your hands and kneel to pray,
But you haven’t left anything for me to set right.
My brimming eyes blind my sight…
I also sit beside u…and wait for the truth to unfold…
And wait for the truth to unfold…

-- Brinda

This poem is symbolic of what we have done to the environment and what awaits our future generations because of the mistakes we are making today.

3 Click and Speak:

The Mind of a Virus said...

MY favourite till date..
Comments given a long time back!! :)
I gez i wrote ur testimonial only after this.. or probably after penny!! :)
**** for this!!

simant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
simant said...

hmmm nice..infact very nicee..but i don't identify with your inspiration..personally i don't think its written for what you said it's for..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin